DLX480 digital processor represents current state-of-the-art technology. Taking advantage of the advances in analogue to digital conversion and digital signal processing technologies the unit achieves performance levels higher than previous devices. Below is a list of key features, followed by some information on the major advancements of the processor.
- LA Audio minimal signal path design
- 96kHz sampling frequency provides for a nominally flat response beyond 40kHz.
- Three rotary encoders, illuminated buttons and graphical display provide a rapid, intuitive and user-friendly control interface
- High speed capable and flexible Ethernet communications that supports DHCP, static-IP and auto-IP and direct connection to a computer without the need for a router or a switch
- Class leading sonic performance achieved by the use of state of the art converters, a 4th Generation Analogue Devices Sharc DSP and highly advanced DSP algorithms
- Powerful Drive Module concept, abstraction from device centric to speaker based control
- Innovative Component Presets to allow individual outputs to be used for selected drivers of a loudspeaker system
- Twelve layers of Parameter Overlays for trouble-free Grouping
- Unique VX limiter providing dynamic control for passive 2-way enclosures
- Unique LIR linear phase crossover shapes giving FIR-like performance without the drawbacks
- Innovative excursion control limiter with sliding High Pass Filter; limits only the damaging low frequencies
- Transducer thermal modelling provides regulation limiters, addressing long term overload
- Overshoot limiter governs amplitude of transient signals retaining average power whilst constraining peak energy
- Dante audio networking with automatic fallover to Analogue or AES3
- AES3 inputs and outputs, switchable in pairs
- High performance ‘universal mains’ switch mode power supply, designed in-house
Input impedance: >10k Ohm balanced
Output Imp:<100R imp. balanced
Max Input level: +20dBu
Max Output level: +18dBu into 600R
Sample rate: 96kHz
AES3 Input sample rate: 28kHz – 108kHz
AES3 Output sample rate: 96kHz
Frequency Response: 10Hz - 40kHz
Input Dynamic range: >120dBa Typ.
Output Dynamic range: >118dBa Typ.
THD (20Hz–20kHz):<0.008% Typ.
Mains required 85-230VAC 50-60Hz
Mains power: 30W
Audio input: 3 pin female XLR
Audio output: 3 pin male XLR
Ethernet: Shielded RJ45
Aux Contact: Phoenix Connector
Mains: 3 pin IEC
Temperature: 0 to +45°C
Humidity: 0 to 80% RH (non-condensing)
Height: 1U (44mm)
Weight: 2.7kg net
There is internal provision for digital audio network option cards to be factory fitted. Currently LA Audio support Dante from Audinate.