Like data engineering? Stealth-mode big data startup is hiring founding engineer
Come build the infrastructure that data scientists depend on to access big data! It shouldn’t take a CS degree to use big data effectively, and abstracting away the difficult parts is our mission.
– Be a founding member of the team that builds the next generation of Bigdata software.
– Come up with novel ideas on how to make complex technology user-friendly, and then turn those ideas into robust software.
– You love data engineering.
– You build robust and scalable data systems three times as fast as other developers.
– The JVM is your friend.
– You like to work independently and drive the direction of a technology stack.
Even better if you also:
– Have experience with Scala, Cascading, and Docker.
– Know the ins and outs of current big data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, or Tez, but this is not an absolute requirement – you’re a quick learner!
– Have startup experience.